The California Lifeline service is a federally funded government program. Started in 1985, the Free Lifeline Service Program has been providing free government phone service to low-income consumers in California. The program aims to ensure they don’t miss out on the opportunities and security that come with phone service. The Lifeline program is aimed at making phone service affordable by offering considerable discounts along with a free phone to eligible consumers, enabling them to stay connected with their family and friends. It also provides much-needed access to emergency services, jobs, and business opportunities.
TAG Mobile is proud to be associated with San Diego the through Free Lifeline Service, which is also known as the ‘birthplace of California’. The city has a rich military heritage and is known for its natural harbor and comfortable climate. The Mexican influence is visible in the delectable cuisine, which is the city’s hallmark. Also, the cultural deluge is evident from the museums, monuments and theaters of Balboa Park.
The most prominent area of the city, Balboa Park is a 1,200-acre urban park known for its world-class zoo, restful cultivated areas, museums in refined Spanish Revival buildings and live shows. The walkable harbor-front is brimmed with shops, exotic eateries, interesting sights, which look across the bay to Coronado Island. The port has also become the home to USS Midway Museum, which was the longest-serving aircraft carrier in the world. Also, prominent among the tourist attraction is the San Diego Zoo, which is rated among the best in the world and houses more than 650 species.
TAG Mobile Lifeline Free Phone Service in California has two plans for all eligible customers. Families and individuals with low income who qualify for the Lifeline program will get a Free Smartphone if they opt for 1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan from TAG Mobile. If they choose for the ‘3GB SIM Only Data Plan’, which is also known as the Bring Your Own Phone Plan, then they will get additional Data in place of a smartphone. The seamless connectivity from TAG Mobile ensures you’re always connected with your family and friends.
Customers eligible for TAG Mobile San Diego, CA Lifeline Service Receive:
3GB SIM Only Data Plan
• 3GB LTE Data
• Unlimited Talk
• Unlimited Text every month
1GB Standard Smartphone Data Plan
• 1GB LTE Data
• FREE Smartphone*
• Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month
To participate in the program, the household income of the subscriber has to be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
Consumers currently receiving Lifeline service with another provider are also eligible and can transfer their Lifeline benefit to TAG Mobile. You can also qualify for Lifeline if you’re already enrolled in any one of the following Government assistance programs and can produce the necessary documents.
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid “Medi-Cal” (not Medicare)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Federal Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit Program
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
You can either enroll using our ‘3 minutes Sign up process’ by going to our website – www.tagmobile.com or simply walk up to the nearest TAG Mobile agent along with your proof-of-eligibility documents.