The Lifeline program has been around since 1985 and has been providing free government phones in California. It has been designed to ensure that low-income consumers don’t miss out on the opportunities and security associated with a phone service. The Lifeline program is aimed at making phone service affordable by offering considerable discounts along with a free phone to eligible consumers, enabling them to stay connected with their family and friends. It also offers the much-needed access to emergency services, jobs, and business opportunities.
TAG Mobile is one of the leading providers of Lifeline Service in California and has a significant presence in the city of Modesto, the home of world’s largest wine factory.
It is known for its agricultural economy that garners around three billion dollars annually. Also, the city has plenty of trees and has been honored as a Tree City USA as many as 29 times. TAG Mobile is proud to be associated with the culturally and economically rich city through the California Lifeline program.
Families and individuals with low income who qualify for the Lifeline program will get a Free Smartphone if they opt for 1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan from TAG Mobile. If they choose for the ‘2GB SIM Only Data Plan’, which is also known as the Bring Your Own Phone Plan, then they will get additional Data in place of a smartphone. The summary of both the plans is as follows:
The plan offers first 3 months 500MB LTE. Fourth month onwards customers get 1GB data, which after completion of 500MB at LTE speeds, is then available at 3G speed *. The plan also includes Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month.
2GB SIM Only Data Plan (Bring-Your-Own-Phone Plan)
- Customers who choose to continue with their own phone while switching to TAG Mobile get:
• 2 GB data (500 MB LTE and then 1.5 GB 3G speeds) every month
• Unlimited talk every month
• Unlimited global messaging every month
About California Lifeline Service
- The TAG Mobile California Lifeline Service is a Government funded program and is offered to eligible residents of California who meet specific eligibility criteria.
- Consumers currently receiving Lifeline service with another provider are also eligible and can transfer their Lifeline benefit to TAG Mobile.
- To participate in the program, the household income of the subscriber has to be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
- You can also qualify for California Lifeline if you’re already enrolled in any one of the following Government assistance programs:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
• Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program